Tuesday, July 24, 2007

 

Playlist April 28, 2007

Hour #1
1 Royal Kings - Bouncin' the Boogie
2 Alvin Robinson - Let the Good Times Roll
3 Art Neville - Ooh Wee Baby
4 Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
5 Alvin Robinson - Down Home Girl
6 Meters - Look A Py Py
7 Lil Millet - All Around the World
8 Jimmy Hughes - Neighbor Neighbor
9 Huey Smith - I Think You Jivin' Me
10 Platters - With This Ring
11 Gene Chandler – You Threw A Lucky Punch
12 Yvonne Carroll – Laugh Or Cry
13 Elgins – Darling Baby
14 Four Palms – Jeannie Joanie Shirley Toni
15 Daybreakers – I Wonder Why
16 Jets – I’ll Hide My Tears
17 Feathers – I Need A Girl
18 Five Keys – Goin’ Downtown
19 Camille Howard – X-Temporaneous Boogie

Hour #2
1 Joe Lutcher – Rockin Boogie
2 Dodgers – Cat Hop
3 Roy Milton – Milton’s Boogie
4 Big Jay McNeely – All That Wine Is Gone
5 Wynonie Harris – Bring It Back
6 Meadowlarks – Heaven & Paradise
7 Diablos – The Wind
8 Meadowlarks – LFMST Blues
9 Collegians – Zoom Zoom Zoom
10 Meadowlarks – I Got Tore Up
11 Shells – Baby Oh Baby
12 Pentagons – I Wonder
13 Mellows – Smoke From Your Cigarette
14 Leon Peels – A Casual Kiss
15 Tony Allen – God Gave Me You
16 Little Richard – Tutti Frutti
17 Rudy Ray Moore – Step It Up & Go
18 Chimes – Zindy Zou
19 Big Jay McNeely – Nervous Man Nervous
20 Camille Howard – Million Dollar Boogie
Comments:
1 Bouncin The Boogie - Royal Kings
I thought I was the only one in the world who owns that record. I never heard it ever played in the
Pgh.,Pa. stations. In 1953 I was
in the marines at Camp Pendleton, ready to go to Korea after a 30 day leave. I went to a Hollywood
record store and bought that record
for my girlfriend back in Pgh. That was one terrific jitterbug or
jump as we called it then. I still have it and played it on WYEP COLLECTORS CORNER,PGH,PA.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?