Monday, May 02, 2005

 

Playlist, April 30, 2005

Hour #1 Tribute to the Ad Libs

1. Joe Houston "Earthquake"
2. Crawford Bros. "It Feels Good"
3. Ad Libs "On the Corner
4. Supremes "When the Lovelight Starts Shining In His Eyes"
only known Supremes record with a Bo Diddley beat
5. Cuff Links "Guided Missles"
6. Five Pearls "Real Humdinger"
7. Ad Libs "Giving Up"
8. Ad Libs "I'm Just A Down Home Girl"
9. Jody Reynolds "Daisy Mae"
10. Percy Mayfield "Sugar Mama Peachy Papa"
w/ Joy Hamilton
11. Magnificents "The Dribble (Twist)"
12. Tiny Bradshaw "Walkin' the Chalk Line"
13. Crawford Bros. "I Ain't Guilty"
14. Robins "The Hatchet Man"
15. Ad Libs "He Ain't No Angel"
16. Ad Libs "Johnny My Boy"
17. Bobby Freeman "Mary Ann Thomas"
18. Ad Libs "The Boy From New York City"
a top 10 record "alert the media!!!!!!!"
19. Ad Libs "Oh Me Oh My"
20. Chuck Higgins "Chop Chop"

Hour #2 Little Julian Herrera special
1. Chuck Higgins "Rock"
2. Little Julian Herrera & the Tigers "True Fine Mama"
3. Turbans "I'm Nobody's"
4. Cherokees "Rainbow Of Love"
5. Passions "The Reason"
6. Hearts "It Feels So Good"
7. John Fred "Shirley"
8. Little Julian Herrera "Those Lonely Lonely Nights"
original Dig label version (also issued on Eldo)
9. Little Julian Herrera "Symbol Of Heaven"
10. Splendors "Island Called Romance"
11. Little Julian Herrera & the Tigers "I Remember Linda"
12. Splendors "Puddin Tain"
13. Sultans "I Cried My Heart Out"
14. Little Julian Herrera "Your Careless Love"
15. Little Julian Herrera "I Want To Be Loved"
16. Little Julian Herrera "You Will Cry"
17. Little Julian Herrera "In Exchange For Your Love"
18. Little Julian Herrera "Here In My Heart"
19. Little Julian Herrera "Those Lonely Lonely Nights"
Essar label version
20. Kirk Kirkland "Saxophone Rag"
Comments:
I hung out with Julian Herrera briefly when we were both 15. There is a revealing incident which I'd be happy to share. fpm(at)earthlink.net
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?